Night 1: Hanoi night train to Sapa, Lao Cai provice
- 19h30 We pick you up from Hotel and transfer to Hanoi train station,
- Getting on night train and departure for Lao Cai province,
Service inclusion: Night train, Transfer & tour guide from hotel to train station
Day 1: Lao Cai – Sa Pa – Cat Cat Village
- The train arrive in Lao Cai station at 6:00 AM, and taking the bus or van to Sapa town, having a shower, breakfast in the hotel and walking around Sapa town.
- After lunch, take a 2km short trekking to Cat Cat village, the home of H’mong Ethnic. Meeting & talking with locals to learn more about their daily life. The bus / van pick up and transfer back to hotel.
- Overnight in Sapa town.
Service inclusion: Breakfast, Lunch, Hotel in Sapa town, Entrance fee, English speaking tour guide, Private air-conditioned vehicle pick up from Lao cai train station to Sapa town and pick up from Cat Cat village back to Sapa town.
Day 2: Lao Cai – Sapa, trek to Ta Van village
- After having breakfast in the hotel before taking trip to ethnic villages.
- A trip to hill-tribe village, with a lovely walk to Lao Chai and Ta van villages that is home to Black Hmong people . This is one of the most enjoyable will involving descending into a nearby valley inhabited by a variety of ethnic hill tribes. Once on the valley floor you can really appreciate the wonderful scenery that surrounds you. The walls of the valley are covered with multi – layered rice terraces and scattered villages.
- Picnic lunch by the river. The walk last approximately 2 – 3 hours through the spectacular villages and mountains. After that back up to the town by Van / car. You will have chance to see the best panoramic view of the villages that you have just visited.
- Return Sapa town then have shower in Sapa before getting on bus / van to Lao cai station for night train return Hanoi
Service inclusion: Breakfast; lunch,Entrance fee; Local English speaking tour guide, vehicle pick up from Lao cai train station to Sapa town and pick up from Ta Van village back to Sapa town
Day 3: Sapa - Bac Ha Market - Lao Cai Station
- Taking 2 hour drive through scenic countryside and then uphill to Bac Ha town at the elevation about 800m above sea level. Check in your hotel, take a quick shower and heading to the market place which is at its best time, crowded with tribal people includes H’mong, Zao, Tay and Phu La. At the market, the Flower H’mong is majority in number and the most eyed catching due to their colorful embroidered costumes. After hours wandering around the market, being excited with the festive atmosphere, taking hundreds of pictures, you may wish to slow down and drop in one the finest restaurant to sample local dishes, taste some corn wine.
The market ends in the afternoon and you will follow locals along the way back to Pho Village of the Tay and Flower H’mong, located in a fantastic valley for a discovery of the village .
- Transfer to Lao Cai station for taking the night train to Hanoi which arrives in Hanoi early at 05.30 to 06.00 next morning.
Service inclusion: Breakfast, Lunch, Entrance fee, English speaking tour guide,transfer round trip Sapa to Bac ha market , Lao Cai station and Night train to Hanoi
- Local English speaking tour guide, other languages can be arranged on request
- Round trip train tickets ( 4berth sleeper cabin )
- Hotels bases on double/twin share
- Soft sleeper in cabin 4 berths with A/C
- All entrance fees
- Meal as mentioned in program
- International air tickets & airport tax
- Vietnam visa arrangement (This can be arranged on request)
- Hotel early check in & late check out
- Pre and post accommodation arrangement
- Drinks, except otherwise mentioned
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses & Tips
Itinerary of Old Quarter Walking + Street Food Tour
We start our evening walking tour at Hanoi’s largest covered market, Dong Xuan. Along the perimeter of the market, dozens of street hawkers sell a staggering variety of produce from live seafood to exotic fruits and spices. Your expert English-speaking local guide will give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture including details on ingredients and historical backgrounds of popular northern dishes. We eat as we go, trying seasonal fruits and sampling a tasty French-inspired snack from a street cart.
Walking through the maze of bustling streets that make up Hanoi’s Old Quarter, we tempt our tastebuds with the famed Hanoi dish Banh Cuon at a local eatery. Watch in awe as the skilled chefs demonstrate for you how this tasty dish is put together. Continuing into the atmospheric heart of the Old Quarter, we wander past street stalls and quiet residential lanes where you can observe local life that has changed little since Hanoi was founded over 1000 years ago.
Our next two snack stops are at outdoor barbeque stalls. We sit down with the Hanoi locals and sample various meat, vegetable and bread specialties that are flame grilled over hot coals for extra flavour. It’s then time for dessert as we venture down a small alley to join in the local tradition of feasting on fresh fruit served in a cup and smothered with crushed iced and condensed milk – this speciality is one not to be missed!
Your local guide will then take you to one of Hanoi’s best kept secrets, a hidden café to drink Egg Coffe. This hard-to-find café is one of the few left in the city that still serves egg coffee, a scrumptious local delicacy that we will sample whilst admiring the hustle and bustle of the city centre below. Or, if coffee is not your style, a cold beer awaits!. At the end of the trip you are free to continue exploring the area or your guide will assist you with directions or a taxi back to your hotel.